From now on, AdWords Express campaigns will be available on Google Ads as ‘smart campaigns’.
AdWords Express used to be a standalone solution that was designed to provide lower maintenance costs to small businesses.
Smart campaigns will continue to have the same benefits as AdWords Express campaigns but with added functionality.
Google highlighted the following advantages:
You only pay when people click on your advertisements.
- It attracts more customers to your website or Google Maps page.
- Reach your customers using desktop computers as well as those using mobile devices (e.g. mobile phones and tablets).
- You can reach your customers using desktop computers as well as those using mobile devices (e.g. mobile phones and tablets).
- You can view the effectiveness of your advertisements on the control panel.
The most important functionality offered by smart campaigns are as follows:
- “Campaigns” overview: This is your account’s home base, where you will find Google-generated performance insights.
- Critical account alerts: Important notifications about your campaign, billing issues, etc.
- Verified calls: Shows you the number of calls that you receive from your campaign, along with your clicks.
- Map actions: Helps you track the number of times that people saw your ad and then clicked your business pin on Google Maps or got directions to your business.
- Google Analytics: Track the activity of visitors on a website after clicking an ad.
- Ad scheduling: Choose the days of the week and the times of the day to run your ad.
Google notes that they are open to feedback regarding smart campaigns, which may help them improve the service in the future.
Advertisers can share their feedback using the “Leave feedback” option, which they can find by clicking the 3-dot icon in the upper right-hand side of their account.